The Coat || Essentials

Well, hello springishmes . How you doin'? Hopefully you are all enjoying the snow that's currently all over Europe. Unfortunately, it rarely snows where I live, but for me, winter is practically over. That's crazy, I know, we have three more months to go, but, I don't know, every year, as the holiday season ends so does winter, at least for me. It makes no sense, I know, but my love for spring is so big that I want it to start as early as possible. 
After five awfully cloudy days, today was beautiful. I woke up at 8 am, immediately took a shower, prepared my breakfast (yogurt mixed with wheat, barley and oats and orange in case anyone wondered) + coffee (how can one start a good day without coffee?) and got ready for shooting. It was unplanned but somehow, they always end up looking the best, right? I went to the beach and discovered something very obvious to everyone except me, apparently, I was not dressed warm enough. Yeah, it was really sunny and everything so my mind immediately went woaah spring is here,  and I thought I can wear whatever the heck I want. Yeah, that was not the case.
It was freezing, but as soon as we left the beach it was alright. By 'alright' I mean, I was just cold, and not Anna at the end of Frozen.
What I picked to wear were brown leather Chelsea boots, I think they're an absolute hit this year, and you can't go wrong with them, black skinny jeans from H&M - I got them on sale a year ago and haven't had a real chance to wear them, and honestly they are a bit too small for me, so I don't think I'll wear them in the future. Next, a vintage beige jumper I found in my closet, I think it's from Benetton (it was actually my dad's a long time ago, but I just took it. He didn't mind, I think.) with white t-shirt underneath.
And a camel coat, also from H&M. I bought it this December, and honestly it was a bit pricey for H&M (about 100 euros), but I love it and it's really warm and nice overall. Also, the important thing about it is that it's not itchy. This one is from Modern Essentials Collection by David Beckham, and I already own one of the jackets from this collection, but I think it is from spring collection? Honestly, I can't remember, but it looks really springish , so I guess it is. Camel coats are, just like Chelsea boots, an absolute hit this season, and I think they look really classy, and timeless. Its an essential piece in every closet, and for sure, a good investment.

As I was looking at the pictures, an idea came to my mind, and yes this could go either way, I know, but a thinner floral coat seems like such a good idea to me, especially for spring. I don't know, it may look too feminine, but it's 2016, so who really cares? I'm down for a floral unisex coat. I added a floral texture over the coat in photoshop, and I think it looks really cool. Maybe this coat already exists? If any of you guys, know about it, I would be very grateful if you linked it in the comments.

I accessorized the look with clear frame sunglasses, and Marc Jacobs watch.
That's it for today's post. Hope you liked it, and if you did, comment, share, and follow. Stay springish, Tom xoxo


Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I really like your blog! Keep up the good work! xo

    ReplyDelete