Breakfast || SPRINGISH ROUTINES

Hello, springishmes ❀ ✿ how ya doin'? For today's post I thought it would be cool if I gave you a sneak peak into my breakfast routine. Now, let's get real, I don't eat this everyday, because who has the time? At least I don't. This is usually my first meal of the day only on weekends.I think it's important to start your day off with some fruit, protein, and just food that's not too greasy or hard for your stomach. Honestly, I really don't know, I may be talking bull, but everyone should listen to their bodies and find out what works for them. This is what works for me. 


So, these meals in photos are basically the same. As you can see, I'm very creative with food. I should also note that this type of breakfast may not be enough for some people, but for me it's way more than enough.
I start off with slicing a banana (I love the greener ones, but I heard that the ripe ones are healthier, is that true?). And, in addition to a banana, I always add another fruit, depends on which ones are currently available, it's important to me that the fruit is fresh and seasonal. It's funny with apples, when I'm really hungry, after I eat them, I become even hungrier, but when I'm like full, they make me so surfeited it's ridiculous. 
Anyways, I know some people don't like kiwis, but, in all honesty, they are one of my favourite fruit. I just love their kinda sour flavour, and they're a bit citrusy aren't they? Is that even a word? 
Let's just move on from me trying to explain flavours, I'm obviously so good at it. Another food, that's a must for my breakfast is low-fat cottage cheese. I always add a bit of salt, but that's up to you. You can even mix it in a salad or bake it into fruity cheesecake bars if you have the time! The possibilities with it are really endless. I usually eat it with integral toast, but as I mentioned, you can really mix it with practically anything edible. 


Lastly, I adore yogurt. Whether it's Greek, with fruit, regular or whatever - I love it. I drink it everyday and will probably continue to do so for the rest of my life. I usually mix in some wheat, barley and oats. When I first did it, it was disgusting, and, honestly I don't know how I managed to eat it 'cause the flavour was completely new to me, but I got used to it, and now I eat it daily. Plus, wheat and cottage cheese are very rich in protein, so if you need some extra of it, better start eating them. Also, I can't wait for strawberry and cherry season, because, guys, when you mix these with yogurt and above mentioned cereals, it's like you're eating a piece of unicorn stuffed rainbow with cloud topping. Yes, just yes. And that's pretty much it.

So, springishmes, this was my breakfast routine. I hope you liked it. Let me know if you like posts like these, and if you do, I already have some recipes for you in mind. Stay springish, folks. XOXO, Tom.

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment